Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Vino? No way!

Ventured out tonight to pick up ingredients for din-din. Destination....Walmart. Just for the record, we dont typically buy our groceries from Walmart, and would rather support Mexian chain stores like Soriana and Mega and even better the "real" indoor/outdoor produce market in centro. But tonight I was tackling dinner and was craving Johnsonvilles Sweet Italian Sausage, smothered in traditional spaghetti sauce and noodles with a yummy spinach salad on the side. It is like the # 1 rule in my crazy world that when I prepare Italian it MUST be accompanied by a nice glass of red wine, one glass while cooking, followed by another glass while eating....I found a nice red wine, had all my ingredients for dinner, was in the checkout of Walmart and the young man behind the check-stand informs me that it is now 6pm and I am not allowed to buy the wine, or any form of alcohol after 5pm. But he was so kind to tell me that any other day of the week it was perfectly fine. How is it that after 3 months of living in the Yucatan I am just now being educated on the subject.....guess I'l have to start drinking more and get a little stock pile going. Not Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...