Friday, December 3, 2010

Baking Here I Come

Funny how our lives and way of thinking has really changed in the last 2 years. Let me start by saying how crazy proud I am of my family! We have been living in our house for 2 months without a stove to cook on. Well, a traditional stove anyway. We do have a one burner electric stove that we have cooked some amazing meals on + a crock pot that I have even made apple crisp treats in and a mini bbq. And we are a big eat at home family.  With all of our moving expenses and other everyday life things that have its hand out for cash a stove just got put on the back burner...lol. But its time. All I think about are the wonderful things we can cook up with our new stove and I cant wait. Right before Christmas too. I´m planning on a Christmas feast with all the yummy treats that go along with the holidays like sugar cookies,  spice cookies, gingerbread boys and girls and anything else I can bake up. I really want to make some cookie bags for our neighbors and friends too.Of course everything will be sugar free fat free carb free..wink wink! So this stove is a used Mabe brand that we found at our favorite little store caled Casa Tinos for 1100 pesos. They buy and sell refurb furniture, appliances and sell used books and other items. I love it! Plus they deliver for free and you cant beat that. The kitchen is finally coming together, pictures soon to come!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Erica - Just found your blog, and I'm loving it! Casa Tinos sounds great...I've been having trouble finding decent used items without jacked up prices to go along. Oh, how I'd love to give up my two-burner hot plate for a real stove! Where is CT located? I want to check them out when we return in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Susan, Casa Tinos is at Calle 65 No. 513 x 62y64 Centro. It really is a great place to get lost in...friendly staff to boot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, thanks! Just added it to my really long "Things to do in Merida" list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...