Monday, January 10, 2011

Laid Back Sundays of Merida

Sunday started with a wild hair, I took a run along Meridas famous Paseo de Montejo and was headed for the sports complex. A great blog Merida Mike has a wonderful article on the massive sports complex here with pictures too! I have to make an effort to get over to the sports complex more often with the kids. As I'm running along Paseo, I'm reminded about the Sunday Biking event that takes place in the mornings until 12:30. The city shuts down streets for pedestrians to enjoy a bike ride, walk, skateboarding, roller-blading or in my case jogging. Dont have a bike?  No problem, there are rentals on the North end of the route just beyond Walmart. *We rented 4 bikes for about 2 hours for 40 pesos!

So I get home and nurse the insanely gross blister on my heel. Heres a personal analysis......I'm being punished by the running gods for waiting 4 months to get my butt back in gear! I hala' at the kids and the Mr. to get in gear because the family is taking a bike ride!






I heart this this picture! 


3 comments:

  1. How fun! Something very similar takes place in GDL every Sunday and Isabella really wants to do it. Perhaps we'll check it out this coming Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica,
    Thank you for stopping by and visiting. Your family is lovely and I am so intrigued about your travels. I look forward to getting to know you better.
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, glad to hear you are back running again. It is so good for your body and mind. I have to start back up too. Guess now that you are doing it I should too. I can't wait till the sun comes out here and the family can go for a bike ride. I still need one, but the rest of the family has bikes and the kids are finally getting old enough that we might be able to go more then a block before they start complaining!!!! lol Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...