Friday, January 14, 2011

At 32

Really? 32 years old. Why do I still feel like Im in my twenties? Jeff likes to tell me our bodies age but our minds remain young. I figure I have a good 30 years left and I wonder what else I will see and do. 

Well my twenty year only mind was full of thoughts of self improvements during the weeks leading to my 32nd year of life. Some of those thoughts were needing to quit smoking, which by the way I have been trying to do for the past 10 years, I can be good for months or even years and then something crazy and full of drama starts me back up again, geez I hate those cancer sticks! I wanted to get back to running and eating better. And I really really want to return to Puerto Vallarta! 

Well enough is enough! By the time my birthday arrived I have been smoke free for 18 days, Im back up to running 3.5 miles and we are planning our return to Bandaras Bay! The new year ahead of me is still unwritten but at least I know Im on my way to healthy changes and living! 

I invite you to spend some time with me on my birthday through some photos we snapped yesterday.







2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Erica! It looks like you had a great day with your family! I'm so happy to hear that you'll be moving back to Vallarta and even happier that you haven't been smoking. I just can't imagine you smoking. I send you a big birthday hug and kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 63 my inner 7-year old is still in awe of so much. (And he's very much alive and well.)

    Smoking? We're all addicted to oxygen. I prefer mine straight up, and clean. (It's so vastly better than combustion exhaust.) My business partner quit by pledging to himself that he simply would not think about smoking/cigarettes/tobacco. If he caught himself doing so, he immediately changed the topic. He still plays ice hockey twice a week, at 62.

    ~eric.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...