Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Water Words

Ive become numb to the fact that every  night around 8pm the kitchen sink water just stops coming through the pipes. You know right after dinner! It used to really piss me off  but lately its a nice excuse to not have to worry about cleaning up. Why don't  I get a plumber out here you ask. Well, 1 its not my house and Ive already tried to get our Dr. landlord to handle it and he wont...and 2 I just feel like I am only paying 250 US dollars a month for rent. In my mind that would be like complaining about your $1 hamburger....just eat it.

Ive  learned to adapt. Again a sign at one of my biggest life changes since moving to Mexico. Adapting. Because lets face I feel like 2 years ago to me this would be the end of the world, my negative vibe would make it an enormous problem, but its not. We still have water in the bathrooms (sort of) and the outside faucet still works (for the most part) Things could be allot worse.

Oh and a quick run down on my water expenses, we pay roughly 100 pesos every 2 months. Our family goes through 2-3 big water jugs a week and we pay 22 pesos per bottle (the initial cost was around 50 pesos for the bottle deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...