Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Unusual Visitor

Last night around 8pm we had a knock at the door. It was way to late for the fruit vendor, pan man or any other  street vendor. Guess it was for JJ is what I thought, until I heard JJ calling me to come to the door because the "bank" was here.  What the....


The bank representative from Banamex who helped us open our bank account needed me to re-sign some documents. Tip* when signing your passport make sure you sign it the way you always do your signature. Duh, right! I signed it with my full complete name and I usually always sign official docs with my first and last only. So of course my firma did not match my passport. This is actually the 2nd time I have had to resign the Banamex documents, and the rep has had to come to my  house both times now. I find that a bit bazaar, don't you? A bank  employee just showing up at your home to sign some documents. Talk about being thorough and great customer service.

1 comment:

  1. I really do like the personal touch you get in Mexico. And thanks for the advice! Sometimes I use my middle initial, but mostly I just use only my first & last name. On my passport, I have F, M & L all spelled out. So it’s pretty much a given that I’ll have someone showing up at my door for a "do over" one of these days, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...