Monday, January 17, 2011

Look what I got

I have to share my silly little purchase today, because after living here a while I tend to get super duper excited about things I often took for granted in my pre-Mexico life.....

My son turns 14 tomorrow and I'm planning on putting together some cupcakes for his class. Cupcake liners are not easy to come by here in Mexico, you have to usually go to a specialty baking store to find them. where as in the states  every grocery chain carries a nice wide variety for a consumers shopping pleasure. 

So, I've passed by one of these specialty shops on my to Costco via bus and have never stopped before so today I headed out to see what I could find there. The store is called Probapan  and It's actually 1 of 3 locations here in Merida.I was in baking heaven! Ive included  info below. 

I picked up some white liners in the smallest package they had which contained 500 liners. Wow!
For 37.50 pesos and....a new silicon frosting piping bag for 93 pesos, I've been using a freezer bag with a cut tip for 3 years, I totally freaked out when I saw it. I just had to have it.  and of course some birthday balls confetti sprinkles. I'm off to bake them up.







Probapan 
Matriz: Calle 69 No 590-A X 78 y 80
Calle 60 # 499 Local 2 and 3 x 13 fractions North Street. Merida, Yucatan Mexico
Phone: 52 (999) 9443672
Hours: 8am to 8pm

Webstie: www.probapan.com

4 comments:

  1. FUN! That's awesome that you found some! Now you can bake TONS of cupcakes. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great store! What flavor cupcakes did JJ want? I'm sure his class will be happy to enjoy your cupcakes too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things that mean so much, isn't it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun, and yes Barb, I think the little things have more weight in the long run.
    We did 24 yummy vanilla cupcakes with butter cream frosting. YUM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...