Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Peeps for Momma Pretty Please

My week has been full of introductions and hand-shakings. I think I have probably explained why I am in Mexcio and what I do here over a half dozen times. I know I have been in Merida for 6 months now, but it really feels like its only been a few months. I have been telling people all week "we just arrived a few months ago", and then later realizing we arrived on August 6th 2010, exactly 6 months ago today.

I'v have gotten into a routine, that involves nothing new. I know Merida is all new but I have neglected to take time for me, which is really important if you dont want to turn into super bitch! I think I have been displaying a bit of that to my dear family and they may be starting to plot an escape from me soon if I don't shape'n up. In other words I've been on the hunt for some outer estrogen influence!

So thank the heavens for bloggers and facebook, I got out and met up with some really wonderful people here in Merida. I've been a busy little bee and met a wonderful girl for coffee one afternoon and I think I may have met the entire expat community one night when I was invited to meet up with some other gals at a monthly comedy show and yes, it was in English, hosted by Mel with talentedbitches.com 

Oh and the introductions didnt stop there. Friday night our daughter Leah was spending the night at her bff's and her parents asked if we would like to come over Saturday night for dinner party. We were on that like flies on poop! We had a great time, plus we got to practice our Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Erica! Having friends makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...